Position Title: Business System Team Manager
Department: IT Department
Reporting to: IT Director
Start Date: ASAP
Type of Position: Full time
Number of Hiring: 1
Post Number: IT-2021017
As a senior technical and management member of the IT department, the chosen candidate will work closely with the university leadership, Dean of Undergraduate Studies, IT Director, Finance Director, HR Director, Technion CIS and other key stakeholders to deliver business systems and technical support that meet business needs and that are in keeping with GTIIT’s educational informatization strategy. Managing a system development team, this role is responsible for successfully implementing and improving chosen solutions, including business needs assessment, solution design, implementation or development, testing, enablement, and ongoing support.
· Work efficiently with IT Director to ensure delivery against agreed priorities.
· Lead and develop the business system team.
· Actively collaborate with the appropriate functions of Technion (Israel).
· Collaborate with business system key users with the aim of meeting current and future business needs.
· Understand the use cases (and/or user stories) to oversee the design of the architecture for the business systems to be built.
· Research the external environment, and where appropriate, identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best-in-class solutions suitable for GTIIT’s business needs.
· Promote and develop business applications that follow SW development best practices, with a clean, tested, documented code and observability in place (logging, tracing, monitoring capabilities).
· Review and apply best practices to establish the business system architecture and the software development framework consistent with and supportive of efficient administration.
· Accountable for the on-time and quality delivery of software development projects.
· Supervise or use full-stack development (hands-on) and integration skills to develop web and cloud applications in Agile/SCRUM environment.
· Provide support and a point of escalation for new system project teams when undertake tasks within the development or implementation phases.
· Secure business systems by developing and enforcing application layer policies and monitoring access.
· Improve so that the skills and experience of the business system team are consistent with its technological and business needs for providing quality in the present and future services.
· Adhere to the escalation process by collecting the required information and ensuring incidents or requests are properly updated in the ITSM system before the support ticket is escalated.
· Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the IT Department goals.
· Good understanding of business goals and objectives in an international higher education environment.
· Deep understanding of systems architecture on multiple deployment environments on-premises and/or cloud and systems synchronous/asynchronous integrations.
· Experience with designing, developing, and consuming web services and hands-on experience with RESTful APIs following industry specifications like OpenAPI for implementing secured, robust, modular, and scalable APIs.
· Hands-on experience with SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and functions development on top of different persistent storage types and databases.
· Ability to supervise 3rd party development work, maintain and debug existed applications.
· Experience working with code versioning tools such as Git.
· Understanding of DevOps processes, leading the team to adopt CI/CD processes that will automate and improve systems deployment in house and on the cloud.
· Knowledge of relevant cloud technologies of leading public cloud providers such as Azure, AWS and others, including app services, serverless development, containerized orchestration and more.
· Knowledge of developing responsive client-side solutions using HTML, CSS and leading frontend libraries such as Angular, React, Vue.js, .Net Core Blazor.
· Experience in database management systems (DBMS), Content Management Systems (SharePoint, WordPress, Moodle, Panopto), PLM and software projects management.
· In addition to university provided training and development, the chosen candidate will undertake sufficient personal and professional development as required, ensuring skills and knowledge are up to date so that the role is performed to the required level.
· Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
· English (spoken and written) at the proficient level, fluency in Hebrew and Chinese would be an advantage.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Candidates with experience in international education organization will be considered first.
Please send your cover letter and English CV to email@example.com in the format of name + position + gxszw. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.